Actor Tag: Keeping Up with the Kandasamys Madhushan Singh
I’m super jazzed, honored and excited about today’s post!!!
This month I’d been hearing alot of buzz from my friends and family regarding a locally produced movie Keeping Up with the Kandasamys.
I have to admit I was a tad resistant at first as I haven’t enjoyed an Indian production in a long time, nevertheless after the movie hit 4 Million at the box office in the first two weeks, I just had to go see it.
I LOVED THE MOVIE SO MUCH!!!
And coming from ME that’s saying something, ask anyone. I was blown away from start to finish. By the acting, the comedy, the quality, the presence and ofcourse the storyline.
So the actor I’m privileged to feature today plays Prishen Naidoo in the movie and does an amazing job of bringing the character to life. There’s this scene in the car & in the rain, that really gets to you and he slays it in spades!
- An Actor, Voice over artist and Fitness junkie from Durban, KwaZulu-Natal
- He was also Radio Jock for 13 years at a community station and 2 years of radio drama for SABC.
- Acting Credits:
1. White Gold (feature film)
2. Rights of passage (art house)
3. Keeping up with the Kandasamys
- I was 11 years old doing local theatre.
2. What is your favorite aspect of acting?
- Preparing for a role and bring the character to life.
3. What is your least favorite aspect of acting?
- Nothing, I love improving on my craft.
4. What is one acting flaw that you have that you would change?
- I’d like to be abit more patient on set.
5. Which actor/actress do you have a crush on?
- Cara delevingne!! She’s just so stunning.
6. What is your favorite acting memory so far?
- I shot in india and got to tour the villages of the South. I interacted with the locals and had the opportunity to work with some fantastic actors who became family.
7. Which actor/actress do you look up to or is a role model to you?
- Robin Williams, his versatility to change himself to fit any role was inspiring. Johnny Depp aswell for his effortless transformations and the Manor in which he handled his fame.
8. Why do you Love to Act?
- I get to say things that other people can only think off and I’d like to think that in the audience people can relate to what my character goes through and know things are going to be okay.
9. Which movie represents the best love story?
- The Great Gatsby
10. Which movie was the Best representation of a book?
- “2 states” by Chetan Bhagat
12. If you had to choose a main character from a TV series/movie to come save you, who would you choose?
- I’d choose Paul Walkers character from the Fast and Furious franchise.
13. Who’s your favorite director?
- Martin Scorsese, Woody Allen and Jayan Moodley
14. What’s your favorite mythical creature / monster from a movie / TV series?
- Pegasus from Hercules
15. Can you do any accents?
- I can do loads….but they probably should be done when nobody is around haha.
- It was so difficult not to Crack when the scenes were rolling. The dialogue was hilarious and the delivery was perfect. I used to pinch my leg control myself.
How did you find out about the movie and what was the process like to get the role of Prishen Naidoo?
- It was advertised on social media platforms that this audition was happening and I contacted the production and booked my slot. Prishen was a clean cut gentlemen attached with a phrase “Mr shy guy” so I had to be very sweet and shy, always clean shaven and neat hair. I also spent time with medical students to understand the little nuances that make them unique, I was playing a younger Guy so my energy levels had to be slightly higher and more engaging and just madly in love with the girl next door.
Your co-star Mishqah Parthiephal plays your love interest, Jodi Kandasamy. What was it like filming all those iconic romance scenes?
- It’s never easy to create romantic love scenes on camera, there’s 40 people around you and a camera in your face, so being cast opposite Mishqah was just fantastic. I’ve worked with her in 3 films already over a period of 7 years so our synergy was brilliant and we share a deep love for film so it was really nice to create these cinematic iconic moments of young love. She’s amazingly talented and a dear friend.
As with anyone in the creative industry, rejections plays a big part in our lives. How do you deal with it?
- Rejection is the most common part of being in this industry, it’s not for the faint hearted so you have to be tough, accept it and either better your talents or better your craft. You cannot sit back and lament over things. You have to keep moving.
- I think I’m the only young Indian actor in South African with 2 feature films under the belt.
17. Music uplifts our mood, What is your go-to song when you need a pick me up?
- 2 pac – Hit em up….Haha no I’m just kidding, it’s Chai ya Chai ya from Dilse.
18. When you do win an Oscar one day, who’s the one person you would take with you?
- My mother, she’s a huge Meryl Streep fan.
19. What is your favorite inspirational quote?
- “The best moments I’ve lived are the ones I forgot to take pictures off”
20. If there was just one nugget of wisdom you could share, what would that be?
- Be respectful, be humble and give everyone as much love as you can, the world needs more love.
With R16.1Million💰 ‘ Keeping Up With The Kandasamys ‘ has broken Leon Schuster ‘s Box Office record of consecutive SA highest grossing films!
I; Enricoh Alfonzo; undoubtedly, vehemently, and whole-heartedly recommend this movie to everyone.