Dancer Tag: Damigio Esbach
Bonjour vous les gens épiques
It’s a new week with a whole new set of probabilities & awesome paths your life can take.
Let’s kickit off with #WednesdayWisdom
So let me introduce you to a dancer I recall from the days when my sister use to dance. As with how all these tags start, we connected via social media and I expressed my interest in wanting to do a Dancer Tag. He’s a brilliant dancer and his answers are as unique as his name. 😉
I am Damigio Esbach. Welcome to my world.
Defining the thoughts of the eccentric intellectual artistry.
I am an individualist with a passion for;
– Martial Arts
– Creative Arts
– Script writing
I find beauty in the dark arts and make sure to emote through sadistic words of wisdom, adding philosophy to everything that I do. Life is never a bore when we see beyond…A subjective mindset. “To find yourself, Think for yourself – Be yourself.”
Dancing from the age of 11 has brought me happiness, love and pleasure and given me the opportunity to meet and share the stage with many famous celebrities and amazing artists.
When did you start dancing?
- At the age of 11.
What are your favorite styles of dance?
- Contemporary hip hop 😀
What are your least favorite styles of dance?
- Honestly dance is life, whether it be hip hop to Pasa Doble, I enjoy any communion where my body movements meet music.
- Not necessarily, Dance is one of the aspects that has become therapy to my well being so fortunately for me, the only person that I do compete with is the dancer that I was yesterday.
What is one dance flaw that you have that you would change?
- I am not able to dance in Jeans! Haha I wish I could be as free in them as normal people.
What is your favorite dance step?
- I love to Tutt and I also love locking my body.
What do you want to improve on?
- I would love to improve on through dance genres and learn so much more – I was not privileged enough to go for any sort of professional training so I believe there is so much more dance education that is calling my name.
What is your favorite dance wear brand?
- Most of the time we design and create our own dance outfits but I do love Puma and Nike clothes when I dance. Not for the name, I love the style.
What styles of dance do you currently do?
- I do Hip hop, hip cop contemporary, Bollywood, Bollywood contemporary, Tutting, freestyle and then I have my own “style” in every genre that I do.
- Watch this dance rehearsal video of Damigio way back when
What dance studio do you go to?
- I don’t unfortunately and I’ve never been part of an actual studio. Passion lives right here in my heart for dance.
What is your favorite dance memory?
- Opening up for Jay Sean in 2010 and having bouncers escort me to the car cause I had so many people wanting to take pictures with me! I felt famous haha!
What dancer do you look up to?
- Blake Mcgrath – he is the reason I started dancing.
What style of dance do you find the most difficult?
- Traditional Indian dance and Ballet. – since I have knee injuries haha.
Why do you love dance?
1. What is the best advice you were ever given?
- Randal from Idols told me (When I went onto SA’s got talent) – that I should dance solo because I would go far and one of my “Fans” once said, I should always take myself with me on stage because that is the best part of the performance. That was a compliment but also reminded me to always take a piece of me in everything I do, from concepts to choreography. (In a way it was advice)
2. What has been your biggest achievement so far?
- Performing with famous Zee TV actors and international Artists and my biggest achievement was when I was told by someone “You give me goosebumps and it is a pleasure to watch you dance” – the fact that they felt what I felt when I dance, there could be no greater satisfaction.
3. Music uplifts our mood, What is your go-to song when you need a pick me up?
- Ai Dil Mushkil title song currently gets my body vibrating on each beat that just makes me break free but I also love Diplo – Revolution.
4. Complete the sentence, Happiness is… eating food after a good dance session.
5. Life can be stressful, what are your top 3 things to unwind?
- Dance, Pray and praise my good lord and chill with my animals.
6. What is your favorite inspirational quote?
- “I ain’t for everybody.. and I Ain’t trying to be”
- and also “ It’s not my revolution if I can’t dance to it” (I have this tattooed)
7. If there was just one nugget of wisdom you could share, what would that be?
Damigio is Currently working on:
“This love is hard” – a dance performance (Choreographed by me) to create awareness for Drug addiction and domestic violence through dance.
In the performance, I am the Addiction and I am the abusive partner but my focus is dedicated to what an actual drug addict would go through, trying to let go of their addiction and what a lady would go through while trying to fight the love she has for a man who has no respect and integrity to value another.