Food Tag: Gourmet Soiree
1. What is your favorite cuisine?
2. The best place to get supper in the city where you live?
- Nando Milano Trattoria, Chicago Wicker Park neighborhood
3. Favorite chef ?
- Coffee with a little non-fat milk; green tea to pep up for a workout.
5. What cook book do you use the most?
- “Mastering the Art of French Cooking”, Julia Child
6. If you could open your own restaurant what type of food would you serve and what would your restaurant be called?
- I know the restaurant life is truly 24/7 so I would strive for more balance. I would love to cater some select upscale events that involve sailing (with a covered boat option in case of inclement weather) and dessert on the lanai in Maui.
7. What’s on your pizza?
- I don’t eat pizza very often as I’m in training for some red carpet events.
- If I do I am a classic Pizzeria Uno gal, Chicago deep dish with sausage and green pepper
8. Favorite cooking utensil?
9. What is your favorite home cooked meal?
- Chef Alessio’s Signature dish: Cavatelli al PISTACCHIO e GAMBERONI
- House made cavatelli with tiger prawns in pistachio cream
10. 3 ingredients you can’t live without?
11. The most interesting food you have eaten? (Changed from “weirdest”)
- I have eaten some very interesting Hawaiian food that included poi, food from a traditional emu and amazing volcano wine that is so rich from the soil of Kilauea volcano.
12. Describe your perfect desert
- My perfect “desert” is Mojave Desert, near the Joshua Tree 😉
- My perfect dessert is one of the first ones Chef Alessio named after me: “La Linda Diplomatica”. It was so interesting and inviting, and of course an honor to have food named after me.
- It is light and creamy with chocolate and Chantilly crème; a lot like American Boston cream pie, but no crust.
- La torta diplomatica è un fantastico dolce tutto italiano. Questo dessert, molto particolare, si compone di strati di pasta sfoglia croccante e pan di spagna, alternati da una deliziosa crema, chiamata appunto crema diplomatica (o anche crema chantilly all’italiana), che nasce dall’unione di due creme altrettanto buone, ovvero lacrema chantilly e la crema pasticcera.
13. You can invite anyone over for dinner, who would it be?
- Marilyn Monroe, Arthur Miller and Alfonzo Words
14. Do you have any food traditions in your culture/family?
- I have been invited to a wonderful Christmas Even Italian dinner tradition with 10 courses, shared family style and paired with wine and toasts to the new year. The portions were sharable but not massive, so I never felt too full or forced to eat too much. (love that mélange!) I’m American, but it’s been a great joy to be invited to this tradition for the last 2 years. I will never forget it and I do feel that it set up an amazing year!
15. Is there any food you won’t ever eat?
- I don’t like crab and prefer not to eat it as a Cancer.