The Comedian Tag with Jesse Henry
Last year I connected with amazing individuals to interview via twitter. This year it seems Facebook & Instagram have been taking over. Nicole Nicky Naicker shared a powerfully inspiring video that raised awareness & support on important mental health issues. As a fellow advocate, I related very much to what was spoken. So I decided to check out the Facebook page & true to my nature I was very down/low at the time but his videos were so hilarious that I couldn’t help but laugh. It was a welcome reprieve to an intense week.
“Laughter is the BEST Medicine.”
Despite his awesome following & skyrocketing success, Jesse remains as humble as ever just spreading his unique humor with world.
From Durban, KwaZulu-Natal
1. Name your top 3 favorite comedy TV series:
- Geordie Shore,
- Big bang theory
- The last video that Pewdiepie uploaded
3. What was the first comedian concert you went to?
- Have not attended one actually, although I did act in one myself
4. If you could spend a day with your favorite comedian who would it be?
- Kevin Hart
5. How would you spend that day with him/her?
- Doesn’t matter, we could go skydiving or have a cup of coffee. Any time spent with greatness is a good time
6. Are there any comedians that you can’t stand hearing?
- Not really, no one in particular annoys me
7. If you could have a soundtrack to your life what would it be?
- Seven Nation Army – The white stripes
8. What makes you laugh?
- Goofy people
9. Your favorite comedian; one local & one international?
- Trevor Noah and Kevin Hart
10. Which comedians do you watch when you are feeling down?
- Adam Sandler, Ben Stiller, Chris Rock to name a few
11. What do you think makes a great comedian?
- Delivery. Its all about delivery.
12. Best piece of advice you’ve ever gotten?
- I wasn’t raised by a lot of people, so no one was there to really give me advice. But I guess it would have to be the will to stay alive. Never give up and keep kicking until your last breath. I guess you can say music raised me
13. Favorite one-liner joke?
- Slow down sugar… I’m diabetic
14. If you knew today was your last day on Earth, how would you spend it?
- Grab a six pack… Make that a 12 pack…. And spend it with my best friend, talking about all the good times we had
On Your Vlog:
15. When did you first start making funny videos?
- 2013. I started out on vine and realized that I wanted to make comedy that lasted more than 6 seconds.
16. Is there a specific type/sub-genre of comedy that you do?
- Not really. I tend to cover a whole bunch of genres. I try to be as versatile as possible
17. What is your comedy about ?
- Nothing in specific. As long as it makes someone laugh
18. I’ve heard people say they don’t vlog because they’re shy, or not attractive enough or don’t feel they have anything worth talking/making videos about…How would you respond to them?
- Be yourself. Honesty and authenticity is easier than trying to be someone else and expecting validation from others.
19. To date, what is the best/funniest comedy video you’ve created?
- Don’t laugh challenge.
- Had the most fun filming it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbESzvspP5s&t=8s
20. Your Vape video went viral with 3 Million + views, 29k reactions & 41 000+ shares. Tell us about that journey & experience.
- Was the craziest thing imaginable because I never saw it coming. It made me realize that I can do anything if I put my mind to it.
21. If you had just One message, One Golden nugget to share with other comedians/Vloggers out there. What would that be?
Wanna be a Viral Video Star??! 😱 Send us your viral videos and you could stand a chance to WIN R1500 🎉 🎥Video submission by @jesse13_is_a_llama “If Geordie Shore was made by Indians” 😂 #lolvideo #viralvideo #impressions #geordieshore #jerseyshore #parody #win #competition #viralvideostar #funnymeme #indiansbelike #humor #durban #southafrica #umhlanga #submityourvideos #iTen #MyiTen #l4l #like4like #f4f #follow4follow #potd #votd #instavideo #videosofinstagram #instastory
Moms Skate for FREE this Sunday, 14th May!