Travel Tag: Camero Photography
One of my favorite days of the week has arrived, iiiiiiitS #TravelTuesday
Travel is a Billion Dollar industry almost teasing at Trillion Dollar status, Why?
Because EVERYONE loves to travel!
The worlds most passionate Wedding, Portrait and Events Photographer living the dream of being able to do what he loves best and that is being able to capture amazing people, places and events like never seen before. Self confessed obsessive petrol head who believes cars have feelings too and should be photographed in a sort of emotional way.
Above all, Husband (Personal Photographer actually) to an amazing wife and father to the greatest adorable Angel the world will soon come to love.
- Most recent Holiday was to Mauritius. It was the first “Overseas” trip after my daughter was born and decided it would be the best place to be together as a family to relax and enjoy some quality time with each other. Unfortunately, my daughter had other plans and had quality time (absolute FUN) with the pools, food and other people while the wife and I watched from the sidelines like deserted orphans.
2. Best destination to travel to
- Thus far, for me it is Mexico City. Yup. That’s right, Mexico city. You could really lose yourself (literally and figuratively). It has the trifecta of travel awesomeness: Food, People and Sights. Then there is this magical something. It is the way the city overcomes your senses speaks to your heart that makes you fall in-love with what it stands for.
- P.Sxxx Now that I really think of it, it might have reminded me about Joburg, South Africa – not the scared sh*tless after dark part, but everything the city stands for in the most honest loving way.
3. Worst Travel experience?
- It would have to be when the wife and I were in Paris, France. After having the most exciting 16 hours at Euro Disney we were dropped off by our tour bus in the middle of nowhere at around 10pm at night, left to find our way back to our hotel.
- We were SO tired, after the day, to the point that if I shot myself in the knee my nerves would have been too tired to send a pain signal to my brain. The only way we knew how to get to our hotel was by train, but then at that time they closed the stations. We spoke as much French as we did Tamil/Hindi (absolutely ZERO) and we could not find an available taxi anywhere. We walked in the direction of the Eiffel Tower using it as our bearing until they did an idiotic thing of switching its lights off at around midnight (Aaaarrrgh!!!). We ended up walking 13kms to our hotel through God knows what streets and realized that when we spoke to people it was something resembling Lassie barking at her owner about a lost South African couple…. But her owner was brain dead. OMG. I need a drink now.
4. How has traveling changed your life?
- It’s cemented my belief that there are so many amazing places, people and things in this beautiful world of ours. The one thing that it has changed my life about was that I love my home country, its people and especially my family now more than ever.
5. Where are you from?
- Originally from a small town (used to be 6000 people) in Kwazulu Natal called Stanger.
6. Where have you been around the world?
- Not too many:
- Give or take a place or two missing.
7. What is your favorite City?
8. What are your dream destinations?
9. Best item have you purchased overseas?
- A camera, of course!!
10. What time of the year do you like to travel?
- In September. It’s quieter and the weather is always great.
- Once a year overseas and many times to places in country
12. Show us your favorite travel picture?
- There are many but to me this one would be the best:
13. What are some new and exciting cuisines that you tried on your travels?
- I am SO not a foodie. When I travel, give me PIZZA!! Although, if I had to think about it, it would be Gyros in Greece and Nutella & Banana Crepes in France.
14. Have you ever lost something while traveling?
- HA!!! What a joke this question is. Losing something on a trip is a ritual with me. I lost a camera lens on my last trip.
15. What are your favorite travel activities?
- I found that I just HAVE to swim in every beach or pool I come across.
16. What are your must-have travel accessories?
- I could live without anything except my Camera Gear.
17. What is your favorite accent in the world?
18. If you could live anywhere where would you live?
- Right where I am now. South Africa.
19. Why do you enjoy traveling?
- It’s spending time with types of people and places you see in movies and magazines and finding out whether what you perceive in your mind about the place is actually true.
20. Do you have a travel buddy?
- Yes. My wife.
21. What are some of the interesting places you’ve visited and the different cultures?
- Culture and place is Mexico. What an interesting type of culture they have. The beaches are amazing.
- Chicago, vibey and Artistic city that I loved for the short time I spent there.
- Zimbabwe, the people are beyond friendly, hardworking and fun.
22. Have you ever had any bad travel experiences?
- No, its all been good, great even or an adventure.
23. Advice for those who want to travel but think they can’t?
- The only reason why you can’t or won’t travel is because you would be too afraid to do so. As a South African, there is NO place you cannot visit or experience that is too tough for you to handle.
|Adorableness Overload: Kitara|